Our Beta is Now Open to All Developers
Today we’re excited to announce that we’re opening the Firebase Beta to all developers. Anyone can now create an account and begin building real-time apps in minutes.
For those unfamiliar with us, Firebase is a scalable, real-time backend. It helps developers build apps quickly by eliminating the hassle of data synchronization and server concerns. Here’s a 2 minute overview:
When we announced Firebase last April in an invite-only beta, it was still a young product.
Today, Firebase is a far more mature, battle-hardened product. We provide real-time data for hundreds of live apps, from sweet-and-simple apps like Scratchpad.io to major internet brands like Twitch and Klout.
We are already synchronizing data for tens of millions of unique users every month; our infrastructure is powerful, reliable, redundant, and monitored. We’ve made major strides with our developer-facing pieces as well — adding SSL, authentication, a powerful Security API, a slew of new and improved API functions, and a large and growing library of docs, examples, and integrations. Our team, along with our community of developers, has grown as well.
As a result, we’re finally ready to open the Firebase gates — so go ahead, click “Sign Up” in the upper right and get started on your app.
So what can you do with the power of Firebase? Let’s ask one of our users! Meet Riley Dutton, one of the founders of Roll20:
Our goal with Firebase is to help developers build better apps faster. If you’d like to give us a shot, check out our 5 minute tutorial. We can’t wait to see what you build!
More Firebase Articles
- Feb 19, 2014
- Announcing Thinkster's AngularJS + Firebase Tutorial
- Feb 04, 2014
- Firesafe: Add Complex Security Logic to Your Firebase App
- Jan 21, 2014
- Firebase at ng-conf 2014
- Jan 14, 2014
- Follow Firebase at the First Ever AngularJS Conference: ng-conf!
- Jan 02, 2014
- Queries, Part 2: Advanced Searches with Firebase, made Plug-and-Play Simple
- Dec 31, 2013
- Happy New Year from Firebase
- Dec 19, 2013
- Wearing Firebase on Your Wrist: Firebase & Electric Imp Team Up to Hack Hardware
- Dec 16, 2013
- Building an Ember.js App With Firebase
- Dec 12, 2013
- Firebase + Famo.us is the Future of App Development
- Dec 10, 2013
- Talkboard by Citrix: Collaborative Drawing with Firebase